SoFtBuNnY's World

Hugs & Kisses

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I was a Snatch Thief Victim Last Night...


I was a victim of a snatch thief last night at about 8pm. To those who have my mobile phone, do not call me and do not pick up any calls if it's by my number in these coming few days. I plan to buy a new phone on this coming Thursday or Friday.


It happened 3 houses away from my own house in PJ ss3...I was coming back from pasar malam* at 8.15pm and I was tengah korek** my bag for my hse keys when I was pushed n my bag was grabbed from me. I normally walk in the opposite direction of cars driving with my bag on my inner side but as I was only 3 houses away...so I crossed the road to the side where my house is. I didn't hear any motorbike coming and I only gave out a small cry and not a loud cry because it was useless. (*pasar malam = night market; **tengah korek = halfway digging in Malay)


I was lucky in a sense that I was wearing flat shoes , my camera was in my other hand bec I bzbody took it out to snap pictures of the BN* rep belittling the DAP* rep and so it was out of that snatched bag, my mini purse where I keep my IC, Touch & Go Card, my IKEA card also escaped the snatch. I lost my handphone (luckily it's 6 yrs old n left only RM7 prepaid credits), my designer long purse with HSBC credit cards and part of my salary, my complete set of hse keys and gate remote control and other stuff. Now my phone line and credit cards has been cancelled. Most fearsome was how to sleep last night because the thieves got full set of my hse keys..if that pair pressed my remote control, my gate will open..so we offed the gate's power supply tonite n let the dog loose and hoped for the best. (*BN & DAP = 2 political parties in my area vying for the state and parliament rep spots)


My mum was scolding me on y I didn't hear any motorbike sounds of which I really didn't hear. Never even ask me if I was hurt or not. I was suprisingly calmed throughout the ordeal. The first thing I did was cancel my HSBC cards as I had already cleared my my limit and didn't want the thieves to swipe my card. I cancelled my phone line and ATM cards at the Balai Polis* (*Balai Polis = Police Station)


Then at the Balai Polis, another snatch thief victim told us that the snatch thieves will actually not press / step on their accelerator and leave it in free gear so that it can move but soundless...then they snatch and then press their accelerator and zoom off. That was y I didn't hear any motorcycle sounds. The other snatch thief victim was unlucky in the sense that she had to have 15 stitches to her left hand because her snatch thieves on the bike had a parang*. (*long cutting knife for plants)


Now, I must say my parents and I are totally freaked out and they have given me orders on asking them to pick me up wherever I am and that no more buses or walking alone for me. As for myself, I have decided to leave shoulder, sling and waist pouches alone for the moment. I am now using a clutch bag but my mum advised me that pockets are the best. However, pockets can only carry up to limited items and have to be careful of pickpockets.


This morning wake up blur and tired. Now I am still at work trying to finish off my month end closing so that I can take leave tomorrow to replace all my necessary documents. My right hand's fingers and shoulder are a bit sore as they grabbed it off me.
If drive car, scared bang from back or shatter glass windows to rob...if walking outside, scared snatch thieves or kidnap...what is Msia coming to??? It's not safe for us ladies!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2008 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that...

I think we need neighborhood watch la. Rukun tetangga stail like before.

 
At February 29, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pitiful... I remember one of my girlfriend have also been snatched several years ago and it just happen in front of her house gate when she parked her car outside the gate. Be extra alert to snatch thief especially in high-rank residential area. Patroling is needed. Lucky you didn't get injure, I read too many awful snatch thief cases in last few years which some involved homicide. Be positive to get through the period. :)

 
At March 1, 2008 at 8:00 AM , Blogger SoftBunny said...

Thanks for your care and concern...nowadays...I stick closely to my bedroom again...scared to go out..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home