SoFtBuNnY's World

Hugs & Kisses

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Monkeys in the Heart of KL...!!!

As I was walking at the covered walkway between the KL Bukit Nenas Monorail Station to the Dang Wangi Train Station, there were a family of monkeys being fed by the staff of the Cultural Center there. I stopped to take a few pictures of them but as soon as the monkeys saw my plastic bag filled with mandarin oranges, 3 of them hopped swiftly near me and started observing me. Needless to say, I sort of panicked as I was scared of them but I was reassured by the staff there that these monkeys were harmless and not as fierce as other monkeys. They come out from the nearby mini forest reserve to scavenge for food at least once a week. I donated my bounty of 8 Mandarin Oranges to feed them. The family looks like it consists of 1 Dominant Papa Monkey, 2 Mamas Monkeys and 3 to 4 kids.

Family Of Monkeys





Papa Monkey - Never underestimate the size of his pecker








Mama Monkey with Orange Colored Baby Monkey




The pair of Mama Monkeys and their babies






Kid Monkey 1





Kid Monkey 2




Eat Finish already. Feeling Full and climbing up the trees to rest away from harmful people and animals.

Sepia Mode


Natural


According to the Photo Experts in Shutterasia, these monkeys are of the Silver Hair Breed.


Do take time to drop by the Cultural Center there. They have a natural herb bar which serves brewed natural Malay Herbs, Batik Demos, Wild Bees Honey, Timber Products, Batik Handicrafts and DIY Kits for sale. It is an interesting spot to go to to learn more about our forests and what it can give us.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home