SoFtBuNnY's World

Hugs & Kisses

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Art Of Wrapping...

Let me show you "The Art of Wrapping A Bandaged Foot" before going in to shower....
3 weeks ago, if you read my blog here , I fell and twisted my ankle during this trip. I have been rubbing Deep Heat Rub cream on my ankle every so often hoping that the ache would go away without realizing that my nerve was dislocated instead.
Therefore, after aching for the past 3 week, my hunny finally brought me to see a sinseh (a term used for traditional chinese doctor and in this case, a medical bones and joints doctor) last Saturday. After hearing stories from my friends and mum on how a sinseh would pull the nerves/joints/bones before snapping them back into place, I was really nervous that i had to go see him as my ankle was sore n stiff till the point that I couldn't tip toe anymore.

Upon reaching there, he was halfway having lunch with his family but he was free. He was very chatty and thank god he spoke Cantonese and I can chatter in simple Cantonese...he poked a few spots on my ankle to ascertain the pain points and then told me that I had dislocated a nerve and I confirmed that the spot he poked was the most painful spot....whilst he was talking to me...he suddenly twisted my ankle and I heard a pop and a "CRACK!!". My hunny jumped out of his seat and came over to my side to hold my hand. I felt a little better instantly. Then I was told to turn over to my tummy completely and then he stretched my leg and ankle at a certain angle and it went "CRaAaACccCkKkK.......!!!" again. It did hurt a little but after that...my ankle felt loosen and natural again.

He rubbed my foot with some alcohol to disinfect my foot before using a pad filled with his medicinal herbal paste to put on the area affected and he bandaged my foot. I was then told not to wet my foot, avoid eating crab, duck and some other seafood which in chinese medical beliefs to be of poisonous nature and would impede in healing. 1st attempt to bathe without wetting my foot was a failure. With only 1 plastic bag and using a rubberband to secure it resulted in a wet foot >.< ...

Then this morning, I took great precaution by wrapping my foot first with cling wrap...



Then I wrapped it with 1 plastic bag tied securely and then with a rubberband....




Next, a bigger plastic bag...tied securedly at the side and another rubberband...




This is how it looked before I entered the Bathroom....




Voila...!! Only the 1st plastic bag had water seeped through but my foot is still dry.....



Tonight, I am going back to the sinseh again to change the medication. My ankle hurts abit though unfortunately because a guy with his heavy leather shoes stepped on my injured foot today... :( . I hope to be back to wearing my lovely high heels by end of this week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home