SoFtBuNnY's World

Hugs & Kisses

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Dinner at Aoyama, Sri Hartamas

Hunny gave me 2 choices for V-Day celebrations...RM165 spent on a dozen roses bouquet and no nice meals vs. Nice food and no rose bouquet, I chose the latter. Luckily I did or I'd wouldn't have discovered such lovely yummy stuff to eat.

For dinner, Hunny brought me to his favorite Japanese restaurant in Sri Hartamas called The Green Room or Aoyama Japanese Restaurant. We didn't make reservations and hence were seated at the sushi bar. The sifus were working non stop rolling rice, slicing, shaping rice, seafood and various condiments to fulfil menu orders.

Fresh Octopus tentacles



Fresh Salmon...yummy!!!



Fresh Tuna




Other fresh seafoods




Hunny told me to keep quiet and let him do the ordering. Then he went ahead to order stuff that were priced based on seasonal prices and my eyes grew wider and wider as he ordered. Unfortunately, two things bugged me about this restaurant, they didn't serve my favourite Ikura (Salmon fish eggs) and they ran out of my favorite Uni (Sea Urchin).

Yummy Maguro (Tuna) with Foie Gras. This was unbelievable!!! So yummy...that I let out a gasp of delight as I bit into it. The outside of the tuna was seared but in the middle, it was still raw and hence very juicy! I first thought it was a beef cube as it tasted like beef! I had 3 pieces and Hunny had 1 piece. Priced at RM28.00





Hunny ordered a Special Soup for me. It came in this blue cup and it was a clear soup stock with the sweetness of dried mussel, fatty salmon, mushrooms, onions, tofu and leek. Really soothing and comforting. Priced at RM16.00





Next up, was the yummy soft shelled crab with tamago sushi. This again is a big winner! Pure soft shell crab without the annoying flour batter that I have eaten in other restaurants. As it was rather huge, Hunny taught me to bite off the ends first to enjoy the fresh sweetness of the soft shell crab and then pop the whole sushi in my mouth and let the different flavors and textures explode in my mouth. It was orgasmic as the crispiness of the soft shell crab and roasted seaweed mixed with the sweet tamago, the tangyness of the mayonnaise and stickiness of the sushi rice came together as I chewed away. I had 2 pieces and Hunny had 2 pieces. Priced at RM16.00





Salmon Skin Maki took some time to arrive. It was again a first time for me eating this sushi. It was very crunchy and the salmon skin had no oily aftertaste. However, I didn't enjoy this maki as much as I enjoyed the 1st two sushis. This was because of my personal preference as I found the skin too crunchy and I'd prefer it with more sesame seeds. I had 2 pieces and Hunny had 4 pieces. Priced at RM16.00



Of course Hunny wouldn't had have enough to eat if he just ate sushi. He ate a Saba Shio Bento Set as well. Priced at RM20.00



This whole meal came up to RM107.80 with 2 Green teas. My mouth misses the Maguro Foie Gras Sushi (actually it's called Maguro Hanabi Sushi) so much...nyams...beef tasting Tuna....


Aoyama Japanese Restaurant,
No.10, Ground Floor,
Jln 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03-23000683

Highly recommended that you call and reserve a table on weekends and special occasions.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At February 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Simon Seow said...

Ah, I had that soup too when I dine here. Salmon Belly with Shitake soup? Mine don't have mussel I think.

 
At February 16, 2009 at 9:59 PM , Blogger SoftBunny said...

ohh...they called my soup "Special Soup"...even in the receipt it's called Special Soup...

 
At February 17, 2009 at 1:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now.. i'm gonna die.. hahaha!! i need to come home eh.. ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home