SoFtBuNnY's World

Hugs & Kisses

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bunny visits Secret Garden @ 1 Utama

I got sunburnt last Sunday walking around in 1 Utama. Impossible? 1U is all covered...how could I have gotten sunburnt? Read on to find out...

Did you know that there are 2 secret gardens in 1 Utama's new wing? One is the Secret Garden Cafe by Voir Gallery and another is the rooftop garden. Last weekend, I accompanied Hunny to 1 U so that he could get his bi-yearly fix of fashion show photography. As we were registering at the Customer Service Counter, we saw the public getting a card and it turned out to be the latest happening spot in 1U, the Secret Garden!

Hunny got me a pass and on the card, it stated 10am till 1am meaning that each person is only allowed to be in that Secret Garden for an hour which is the time stated on the card. I took the lift (same lift as going to the karaoke and rock climbing, I think) to level UR. This is what the entrance looked like...


After registering with the guard at the counter, I proceeded inside. It was a pleasant surprise to see a thriving garden with many trees, leafy and floral plants, creeping vines and cactuses at this rooftop garden.


Here are some of my favourite shots. The sun was really hot by the time I got up and there were many over hanging water sprays to keep the plants moist and hydrated.











Here are some of my not too good shots...I must really learn how to shoot these at better angles...



This one was nice but alas...it had 2 spots of water on it...I must have passed through one of the water sprays and gotten my lens wet... :(

I will come here again when I have the chance to go 1U but I would love to try it on a cloudy morning or the 5pm to 6pm session. This Secret Garden is opened only on weekends from 10am to 6pm. Limited passes can be collected free of charge at 1U (New Wing) Customer Service Counter. The pass will only enable you to enjoy the garden based on the time stated on it. Do bring along a hat and put on sunblock as it can get really hot and sunny in the garden. You don't to end up getting sunburnt like me!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What camera r u using? The shots r awesome..n i wish to visit the garden:) Thx for sharing Bunny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home